Highlights of the stay
- Don Carlo at the Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
- New Year's Eve Concert
- New Year's Eve dinner
- Dinner on arrival at your hotel
- 2 private guided tours
- Your personal M&O assistant 24 hours a day
Florence and music have a long history. Opera was born here, and the city has continued to raise the art of classical music to the highest level ever since. Florence is also a city of incredibly rich culture. Between the museums, the magnificent buildings and the squares, each more beautiful than the last, our heads are spinning. And it's no coincidence that the famous Stendhal syndrome (accelerated heart rate and dizziness when exposed to too many works of art) is also called Florence syndrome! The musical capital has just acquired a new concert hall in the Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino. In the Sala Zubin Mehta, the great conductor Daniele Gatti will conduct the New Year's concert with Beethoven's Ninth Symphony. The day before, in the Opera Hall, he leads a superb cast in an exceptional Don Carlo by Verdi. The Florentine New Year combines tradition and great spectacle... The stay is enhanced by two private guided tours on themes to be chosen from a selection: "Uffizi Gallery", "Design Tour" and "The Florentine House".
- Thursday 29 December 2022 : Arrival in Florence
- Friday 30 December 2022: Private visit & your "Don Carlo" evening
- Saturday 31 December 2022: "Visit & Your New Year's Concert Evening
- Sunday 1 January 2023: Departure
Arrival in Florence
- Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel with private driver
- Check-in at your hotel
- Free day to wander around Florence
- Dinner included at the hotel restaurant (3 courses, excluding drinks)
Private tour & your "Don Carlo" evening
- In the morning, your tour guide will offer you a cultural visit on one of the following themes
- 7pm, performance of Verdi's opera Don Carlo in category 1 at the Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (Sala principale)
Tour and your New Year's Concert Evening
- In the morning, your private guide will offer you a cultural visit on one of the themes of your choice
- Lunch and free afternoon.
- 18:00 New Year's concert at the Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (Sala Zubin Mehta)
- Followed by a gala dinner with musical interludes. Midnight toast and fireworks. Then music with dj set.
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport/station
Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (Sala principale)
KoorOrchestra e Coro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
Teatro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino (Sala Zubin Mehta)
KoorOrchestra e Coro del Maggio Musicale Fiorentino
To make your stay as enjoyable as possible, we offer free visits to the city of Florence:
- The Offices Gallery
- The Florentine House
- Design tour
The Office Gallery
This tour has been designed to devote three hours of your stay in Florence to painting. We will focus on the great painters of the Middle Ages, the Florentine Renaissance, Venetian painting and Northern Europe: Giotto, Filippo Lippi, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian, Caravaggio, Artemisia Gentileschi and Rubens. At the same time, we will talk about the Uffizi, its ancient function and the Medici, the great bankers and patrons who commissioned it in 1560. A visit to the Uffizi would be incomplete without a break in the museum's cafeteria: its privileged position will allow us to enjoy an exceptional view of Brunelleschi's dome, while savouring a good espresso!
The Florentine house
From the rustic medieval tower-houses to the sober Renaissance residence:
The tour takes place in the historic centre of Florence between Piazza Duomo ("Duomo Square") and Piazza della Signoria ("Signoria Square"). Through the architecture, we will talk about the political life and habits of the Florentines over the centuries. We will visit the "Palazzo Davanzati", museum of the Florentine house: inside we will see ancient furniture, the old kitchen, the rooms all decorated with amazing medieval frescoes and modern medieval toilets, where privacy was guaranteed. The Medici-Riccardi Palace (outside visit) will give us the opportunity to talk about the Medici, a family of bankers who ruled Florence for three centuries, decreeing the beginning of a new housing model reproduced by the other powerful Florentine families such as the Strozzi and the Gondi.
- We will visit old and new workshops, in which the nature of the city and its creators appears, a union between a great manual ability and an inventiveness that brings us back to the eclecticism of the great artists of the past. We will visit real Florentine "botteghe" (workshop). We will start with the perfume workshop, which is located in a Renaissance palace that also houses the basement laboratory where the perfumes are created by the "nose" of the perfume house. We will continue with the discovery of local craftsmanship with the tiny goldsmith's shop in a building dating back to the XVII century, established by Como I dei Medici for all the goldsmiths of Florence. The place is unconventional, it is located in the Oltrarno, the bobo district of Florence. The tour ends with the Florentine marbled paper and the skill and fantasy of the craftsman who is able to transfer the colours onto the paper and create the most original and innovative designs.
Hotel Sina Villa Medici 5*
Set in an incomparable oasis, this hotel features a garden and swimming pool in the heart of Florence. Completely renovated, this beautiful building respects the charm and history of yesteryear. On the ground floor, the lobby, the gallery and the lounge bar are home to many 20th century art objects.
The hotel offers 99 rooms and suites are classic and contemporary style and feature different types of furnishings, with great attention to detail. You will also find a bar and a restaurant specializing in seafood and traditional Tuscan cuisine revisited.
Double Room (shared hotel room occupancy)€ 2.479 / pers.
Single room (single hotel room occupancy)€ 3.987 / pers.
Programmes and prices are subject to change made by venues and providers.Availability has to be confirmed at the time of booking.
The price includes
- Personal Travel Assistant
- Meals mentioned
- Show seats
- Entries in the sites
The price does not include
- Drinks and Meals
You wish to advance your stay in Lucerne, we suggest you optionally on August 20, 21 the Brandenburg Concertos of Bach by the Berliner Barock Solisten
In the event of confinement or deterioration of sanitary conditions, cancellation of the stay by Music & Opera before departure will result in a refund. see the Special Conditions of Sale
All our partners have implemented a strict, progressive and efficient sanitary protocol: Wearing a mask is compulsory when you travel. Hydro-alcoholic gel is made available to you. Respect for the one-metre distance. Regulatory distances between tables in all public areas. Installation of protective glass screens at the reception and counters. A thorough cleaning by disinfection is carried out regularly every day. QR code consultation of menus for all services
For each country, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs) publishes travel advice sheets on its website. You will find the latest recommendations on safety, formalities and health. We strongly recommend that you consult these sources of information regularly, right up until the day before your departure.