Highlights of the stay
- A sublime cruise proposed by the Monteverdi Festival of Cremona
- Concert of the chamber ensemble "Interpreti Veneziani", pieces by Vivaldi and Boccherini.
- Opera "Il Ritorno di Ulisse" in Patria by Claudio Monteverdi.
- Performance of "Il Vespro de la Beata Vergine" with the Cremona Antiqua Ensemble conducted by Antonio Greco.
- Exceptional guided tours
Part of the trip will take place by boat, the rest by bus, as part of an itinerary proposed by the Monteverdi Festival of Cremona (but with a French-speaking guide provided for the visits). The trip includes three concerts of baroque music, but the art and architecture of the period will also be present in the verses of the playwright Carlo Goldoni in Chioggia, in the frescoes of Mantegna and Julius Romano in Mantua, and in the curves of the precious violins of Stradivarius in Cremona.
- Wednesday, June 15, 2022: Arrival in Venice and Vivaldi concert
- Thursday June 16, 2022: Day of discovery in Venice and Mantova
- Friday June 17, 2022: Visit to Mantua and departure for Cremona
- Saturday June 18, 2022: Visit to Cremona and Monteverdi concert
Arrival in Venice and Vivaldi concert
- Private transfer from the airport to the hotel Saturnia.
- Installation at your hotel Saturnia.
- 9:00PM, concert of the chamber Interpreti Veneziani, pieces by Vivaldi and Boccherini.
Discovery day of Venice and Mantova
- In the morning, transfer to the Naval Museum.
- Boarding at 8:30 a.m. on the boat of the cruise organized by the Monteverdi Festival of Crete, snack on board.
- 11:00am, boarding in Chioggia and brief guided tour of this ancient fishermen's village which inspired the baroque playwright Carlo Goldoni to write his Baruffe Chiozzote
- Bus transfer to Mantova and guided tours
- Dinner and installation in the chosen hotel.
Visit of Mantova and departure for Cremona
- Visite of Mantova with your private guide
- Departure by bus to Crémone and stop on the way for lunch
- Musical committee to welcome the participants to the birthplace of Claudio Monteverdi
- Transfer to the chosen hotel for two nights.
- 8:00PM, Performance of "Il Ritorno di Ulisse in Patria" of Claudio Monteverdi.
Visit of Cremona and concert of Monteverdi
- In the morning, guided tour of the historical center of Cremona and the Violin Museum, you will attend the audition of a precious violin in the exceptional Arvedi Auditorium.
- 7:30PM, concert " Il Vespro de la Beata Vergine" with l'Ensemble Cremona Antiqua directed by Antonio Greco.
Transfer to the airport of Milan
Violin Concerto RV 277 "Il Favorito" Vivaldi / Concerto op. 3/10 from "L’Estro Armonico" - Vivaldi / Cello Concerto No. 7 - Boccherini / Violin Concerto RV 375 - Vivaldi / String Concerto RV 142 - Vivaldi / Violin Concerto Op. 7 No. 2 - Vivaldi
Chiesa di San Vidal
To make your stay as pleasant as possible, you will find below the proposed visits:
- Historical center of Mantova.
- Visit of Palazzo Ducale
- Visit of Palazzo Te
- Violin Museum
Historical center of Mantova
- The house of "Rigoletto" (which would have inspired Verdi to write the opera of the same name), the Piazza delle Erbes, the Rotonda San Lorenzo.
Visit of the Palazzo Ducale
- A huge palace built and occupied by the Gonzaga family from the fourteenth to the seventeenth century, decorated with paintings, frescoes and tapestries by Raphael, Rubens, Pisanello, as well as Mantegna's Chamber of the Spouses. Musically speaking, it was in Mantua that Claudio Monteverdi composed his work Orfeo, a musical fable considered the first opera in history.
Visit of Palazzo Te
- A monumental palace built by the architect Julius Romano on commission of Frederick II of Gonzaga as a place of relaxation and reception. Extraordinary are the frescoes in the Hall of the Giants and the room of Love and Psyche.
Discovery of the Violin Museum
- The museum brings together everything related to the world of violin making in Cremona: a section with a multimedia explanation of the techniques of violin making; a section presenting the most beautiful collection in the world of violins, violas and cellos by Stradivari, Amati and Guarnieri del Gesù; a section presenting the modern instruments that won the most prestigious violin making competition in the world, the Cremona Triennial. Finally, you will hear a precious violin in the exceptional Arvedi auditorium, whose shape and acoustics reproduce those of a violin case.
We have selected sumptuous hotels for this Italian cruise. You will start with the Hotel Saturnia in Venice, then the Hotel Casa Poli (4*) or Grand Hotel San Lorenzo (4*) in Mantua, and finally you will have the chance to stay in Cremona for two nights at the Hotel Impero (4*) or Delle Arti (4*)
Double Room (shared hotel room occupancy)2.000 € / pers.
Single room (single hotel room occupancy)2.700 € / pers.
The price includes
- Show seats
- Meals mentioned
- Entries in the sites
- Personal Travel Assistant
The price does not include
In the event of confinement or deterioration of sanitary conditions, cancellation of the stay by Music & Opera before departure will result in a refund. see the Special Conditions of Sale
All our partners have implemented a strict, progressive and efficient sanitary protocol: Wearing a mask is compulsory when you travel. Hydro-alcoholic gel is made available to you. Respect for the one-metre distance. Regulatory distances between tables in all public areas. Installation of protective glass screens at the reception and counters. A thorough cleaning by disinfection is carried out regularly every day. QR code consultation of menus for all services
For each country, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs) publishes travel advice sheets on its website. You will find the latest recommendations on safety, formalities and health. We strongly recommend that you consult these sources of information regularly, right up until the day before your departure.