Liège makes your taste buds salivate with its famous waffles or cafes, but the city also makes art lovers shiver for its cultural richness to be tasted during a weekend. The Burning City offers a beautiful eclecticism between its historic squares, its museums and the modernity of its new buildings such as the Guillemins station. For music lovers, the former capital of Wallonia is a must with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra of Liège and the Royal Opera of Wallonia which celebrates its 200th anniversary this season.
On this occasion, Jonas Kaufmann offers an exceptional concert led by the chief Speranza Scappucci. What other artist in the world can transform the celebration into an international event by his mere presence? A memorable evening, without a doubt!
Another pleasure of the stay, a private guide takes you to discover the historic heart of Liège. Several routes will be suggested, such as a visit to a museum combined with the discovery of a part of the City and, above all, the possibility of visiting the Royal Opera of Wallonia! without forgetting a gastronomic visit!
Performances included in your Travel
venerdì 06 novembre 2020
Interpreti Jonas Kaufmann
Coro Orchestre de l'Opéra Royal de Wallonie-Liège
Programme of your travel
Friday November 6th, 2020:
Arrival in Liège
- Free time to discover Liège
- Night in the hotel of your choice
Saturday November 7th, 2020:
Visit & your evening “Jonas Kaufmann”
- In the morning, your guide will suggest a visit to one of the themes of your choice *
- 8:00 p.m., representation of Jonas Kaufmann in category 1 at the Royal Opera of Wallonia
Sunday November 8th, 2020:
M&O advantage: During your stay, a Music & Opera personal assistant is at your disposal 24 hours a day, to manage logistical contingencies, requests for suggestions for leisure or activities on site, additional reservations ...
* You choose the theme of your visit
1. Visit to the Historical Heart:
- Depart from Place Saint-Lambert, courtyard of the Palace of the Princes Bishops, Place du Marché, Hors-Château and the cul-de-sac to Place Saint-Barthélemy (Variant, combining with the Coteaux)
- Depart from Place Saint-Barthélemy to Place Saint-Lambert and Place Cathédrale, the beating heart of Liège
- The Place Saint-Lambert district and the cathedral district with a chocolate tasting (Benoît Nihant or Carré Noir), Liège waffle, Liège sausage
2. Visit of a museum combined with the discovery of a part of the City
- Visit the collegiate church of Saint-Barthélemy with the baptismal font from the 12th century
- Visit of the Grand Curtius: the Glass Museum or the masterpieces of the Museum, then walk to the center by Hors-Château and the dead ends, Place du Marché, arrival Place Saint-Lambert and the courtyard of the Palace
- Visit the cathedral and its neighborhood without forgetting the Treasury located in the cloister and
- Visit the Royal Opera of Wallonia then discover the Cathedral district (November 7 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.)
Book your trip
Hôtel Neuvice – 3* S
In the historic heart of Liège, the Neuvice Hotel combines tradition, modernity and comfort, composed of three 18th century buildings articulated around an interior courtyard, formerly housed the residence and workshop of the Librarian-Printer Jean-François Bassompierre, well known by Voltaire, Diderot and Marmontel for its production of counterfeits.The hotel has 17 elegant rooms.
A charming stopover to experience Liège and explore it !
Hôtel Sélys -5*
The Hotel Sélys, housed in an imposing medieval castle, is located in the historic, cultural and commercial heart of the Burning City, offering all the comfort you could dream of.
The hotel has a total of 125 rooms, including eight suites. They all offer high quality and are tastefully decorated and fully equipped.
The hotel offers a restaurant with a terrace and city views, a bar, a spa, an indoor pool and a gym, as well as a garden.
You are interested by this journey but you have a personal preference?
Please do not hesitate to contact us to adapt this stay or for a tailor-made trip.
We can offer :
- To shorten or extend your stay,
- To change hotels,
- Other performances,
- Private visits
- Tickets for museums and exhibitions,
- To book restaurants,
- Transport is not included in the price, but we can book your flight or rent a car for you.
PLEASE CONTACT - us- to make your request
The price of the stay includes:
Accommodation including breakfast
Very good show seats
Private excursions with a local guide
Entries in the sites
The entries in the sites on the program of the visit
Personal Travel Assistant
24h/24h during your travel
The price does not include:
Insurance assistance, repatriation, cancellation and interruption of stay