Highlights of the stay
- Opera Samson & Dalila at the Teatro di San Carlo
- A day trip to the Amalfi Coast & Ravello or Pompeii & Vesuvius
- A visit of Naples
- Your personal M&O assistant at your disposal 24 hours a day
Naples is a fascinating city that belongs to those who know how to forget themselves. Its convents, castles and ancient palaces can be discovered at the bend in the street or in the exuberant bustle of the Neapolitans. Among the many treasures hidden in the heart of the sparkling gulf, the Teatro di San Carlo is one of the most famous opera houses in Italy. The history and architecture of this Italian-style theatre make it a unique place, especially under the spotlight since Stéphane Lissner took over its direction. During this wonderful stay in the early autumn days of southern Italy, the performance of Saint-Saëns' Samson et Dalila at the Teatro San Carlo is clearly the highlight. Anita Rachvelishvili, at the height of her vocal powers, is a venomous and terribly bewitching Dalila. With Brian Jagde as her partner, the performance promises to be exceptional.
You will also take time to discover the city's rich heritage with breathtaking views. The sumptuous and unique archaeological site of Pompeii or the Amalfi Coast and Ravello will be the occasion for a day of discovery. The choice is yours!
- Wednesday 28 September 2022: Arrival in Naples
- Thursday 29 September 2022 : Visit of Naples and opera evening with Samson & Dalila
- Friday 30 September 2022 : Discovery day
Arrival in Naples
- On arrival, private transfer from the airport to your hotel
- Free time to discover Naples.
Visit of Naples and opera evening with "Samson & Dalila"
- In the morning, departure for a walking tour of Naples with your private guide
- 7:00pm, performance of "Samson & Dalila" in category 1 at the Teatro di San Carlo
- In the morning, departure with your guide for an excursion on the Amalfi Coast & Ravello or Pompei & Vesuvius
- Free lunch during the tour
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport.
Teatro di San Carlo
Direttore d'orchestraDan Ettinger
To brighten up your stay, a private tour will make you discover the city of Naples. The choice is yours between:
- Visit of Naples
- Pompeii and Vesuvius
- Amalfi Coast et Ravello
Visit of Naples
- Meeting with a local guide for a private panoramic tour of the city of Naples. A city with an eventful past that has countless monuments symbolizing the dynasties that have succeeded one another over the years. Spread out on the hillsides along the coast of the gulf that bears its name between Vesuvius and the Phlegrean Fields, the main city of the Mezzogiorno brings together profound contradictions. In this beautiful city, mixed with wealth and poverty, modernity and tradition, majestic palaces and poor houses, incomparable views and sad abandoned areas, all accompanied by the exuberant energy of a people who have always been, with their spirit of initiative, the true protagonists of the city's life. We will discover the most beautiful monuments of the new city of Naples (entrances are not included) such as the Royal Palace, Piazza Plebiscito, the Theater S. Carlo, the Maschio Angioino Castle and the Umberto I Gallery. (all from the outside).
Duration : 3 hours by feet
Pompeii and Vesuvius
- Departure by private car for the full private guided tour of Pompeii and Vesuvius (entrance fees included). Arrival in Pompeii, where a local guide will take us through the moving history of this flourishing city. Passing through the Porta Marina, we will enter the city and see the Decumanus Maximus, the Forum Square, with the remains of temples and basilicas. Free lunch. Then we will continue towards Vesuvius. Vesuvius is one of the last active volcanoes of the continent, famous for its numerous eruptions. We will reach the observatory of Vesuvius by road to reach the crater. We will continue our ascent but on foot this time, and will discover a unique panorama on the bay of Naples.
Amalfi Coast and Ravello
- Departure by private car for the full private tour of Amalfi and Ravello. The Amalfi Coast is known all over the world for the beauty of its small picturesque villages such as Positano, Furore, Conca dei Marini. In Amalfi you will visit the magnificent Moorish Cathedral of S. Andrea and nearby, there is the Cloister of Paradise (entrance included). Beyond the Piazza del Duomo the city sinks between the two sides of the valley through a maze of alleys and stairways, vaulted passages and squares where fountains murmur. Free time to lunch. In the afternoon we''ll go to Ravello and visit Villa Rufolo (entrance included).
The price includes
- Show seats
- Entries in the sites
- Personal Travel Assistant
The price does not include
- Drinks and Meals
In the event of confinement or deterioration of sanitary conditions, cancellation of the stay by Music & Opera before departure will result in a refund. see the Special Conditions of Sale
All our partners have implemented a strict, progressive and efficient sanitary protocol: Wearing a mask is compulsory when you travel. Hydro-alcoholic gel is made available to you. Respect for the one-metre distance. Regulatory distances between tables in all public areas. Installation of protective glass screens at the reception and counters. A thorough cleaning by disinfection is carried out regularly every day. QR code consultation of menus for all services
For each country, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs) publishes travel advice sheets on its website. You will find the latest recommendations on safety, formalities and health. We strongly recommend that you consult these sources of information regularly, right up until the day before your departure.