Highlights of the stay
- Opera Medea in category 1
- A small-group guided tour of the Acropolis and Agora
- A small-group guided culinary tour
- Your personal M&O assistant for your questions 24 hours a day
We would have almost forgotten it but Greece is one of the most exhilarating European countries. Rich in an abundant history and an incomparable sweetness of life, its capital Athens remains a fascinating destination with this cultural heritage and its dynamism. Economic news has pushed the opening of the new opera house (designed by Renzo Piano) into the background. A perfect success according to all the specialists, to discover without further delay…
This quality musical stay is built around the icon Maria Callas with one of her very great roles taken over by the great soprano Anna Pirozzi. Cherubini's Medea awakens the ghosts of Greek tragedy with the revival of David McVicar's superb staging which opened the Metropolitan Opera season.
Two other highlights embellish this stay. A half-day small-group tour for a full experience of ancient Athens will rekindle memories while a food tour of the capital lets you dig into Europe's capital.
This stay is an event with the promise of exceptional moments
- Tuesday, May 9, 2023: Your "Nedea" evening
- Wednesday May 10, 2023: Small Group Guided Tour of the Acropolis and The Agora
- Thursday, May 11, 2023: Small Group Culinary Tour
Arrival in Athens
- Arrival and private transfer to your hotel
- Installation in your hotel.
- Free day to stroll around Athens.
Free day & your evening Nedea
- Free day
- Transfer from your hotel to the opera
- 7:30 p.m., performance of Medea by Luigi Cherubini in category 1 at the Greek National Opera
- After the opera, transfert tou your hotel
- In the morning, departure for a small group visit to discover the Acropolis and the Agora
- Free evening
- In the morning, departure for a small group visit for culinary discovery
- Free evening
- Private transfer to the airport according to the time of your flight
Greek National Opera (Stavros Niarchos Hall)
Direttore d'orchestraPhilippe Auguin
To enhance your stay in the best possible way, we offer two guided tours in small groups
- Acropolis & Agora
- Culinary discovery
One visit, all the emblematic monuments of the city. From the unmissable Acropolis of Athens and its world-famous Parthenon, to the majestic Temple of Olympian Zeus, via the Ancient Agora.
A "crash course" in Greek mythology. You will learn all about the Greek gods and heroes, as well as the historical events behind these universal myths, founders of Western civilization.
Decipher ancient Greek society. Relive the social, cultural and political context of myths, which helped make Athens one of the most extraordinary cities in the world.
A city with a view. Enjoy the spectacular views and discover ancient corners off the beaten track.
Duration 4h meeting Temple of Olympian Zeus
- Immerse yourself in the world of Greek culinary culture. The flavors and variety of products in delicatessens and food shops, as well as the hustle and bustle of Athens' open-air markets are guaranteed to awaken your taste buds!
- Taste unique local specialties, from olive oils from small producers to the famous baklava, through the authentic souvlaki and the delicious bougatsa (puff pastry with pastry cream).
- Learn more about the Cretan diet, what it is and why it is incredibly beneficial.
Have a light breakfast, there will be plenty of tasting on the ride! Duration: 2 hours 30 walking tour –
Double Room (shared hotel room occupancy)960 € / pers.
Single room (single hotel room occupancy)1.425 € / pers.
Programmes and prices are subject to change made by venues and providers.Availability has to be confirmed at the time of booking.
The price includes
- Personal Travel Assistant
- Show seats
- Entries in the sites
The price does not include
- Drinks and Meals
In the event of confinement or deterioration of sanitary conditions, cancellation of the stay by Music & Opera before departure will result in a refund. see the Special Conditions of Sale
All our partners have implemented a strict, progressive and efficient sanitary protocol: Wearing a mask is compulsory when you travel. Hydro-alcoholic gel is made available to you. Respect for the one-metre distance. Regulatory distances between tables in all public areas. Installation of protective glass screens at the reception and counters. A thorough cleaning by disinfection is carried out regularly every day. QR code consultation of menus for all services
For each country, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs) publishes travel advice sheets on its website. You will find the latest recommendations on safety, formalities and health. We strongly recommend that you consult these sources of information regularly, right up until the day before your departure.