Highlights of the stay
- Gluck's Orpheus and Eurydice in category 1.
- Mozart's Idomeneo in category 1.
- Monteverdi's Incoronazione di Poppea in category 1.
- A guided tour of the city of Aix on the theme of your choice.
- A gastronomic dinner in a 5 star hotel.
- Your personal M&O assistant at your disposal 24 hours a day
Aix-en-Provence rightly claims to be the capital of Provence. The superb city, which has a unique architectural and historical heritage, is also known worldwide thanks to its abundant cultural life. The International Festival of Lyric Art of Aix-en-Provence is one of the great must-sees of the international season.
With this stay, M&O offers you the opportunity to experience the Festival intensely with three of the most awaited shows this season. Baroque is in the spotlight with Idomeneo performed by, among others, the splendid Michael Spyres and Sabine Devieilhe. Along with Mozart's masterpiece, we also find the exceptional conductor Raphaël Pichon at the helm for a concert version of Gluck's impressive Orpheus and Eurydice revised by Berlioz. The intimate Théâtre du Jeu de Paume hosts a production of Monteverdi's L'Incoronazione di Poppea conducted by another great Baroque conductor, Leonardo Gracía Alarcón.
Another highlight, a private guide will take you on a tour of the magnificent city of Aix with a choice of the following themes: "The streets tell their own story", "Squares & Fountains", "The jewels of Aix", "Aix-in-Resistance", "Aix-in-Archaeology" or "Aix & Cézanne". This stay is an event with the promise of exceptional moments in a radiant city.
- Thursday, July 21 2022 : Arrival in Aix and opera evening with Gluck's Orpheus and Eurydice.
- Friday, July 22 2022: Dinner and opera evening with Mozart's "Idoméneo".
- Saturday, July 23 2022: Visit of Aix and opera evening with Monteverdi's Incoronazione di Poppea.
Arrival and opera evening with Gluck's Orpheus and Eurydice
- At your arrival, private transfer from the train station to your hotel
- 20:00pm, performance of the opera Gluck's Orpheus and Eurydice in category 1 at the Grand Théâtre de Provence
Evening dinner and opera with "Idomeneo" by Mozart
- 6:30 pm, dinner at the Atmosph'R restaurant of the Renaissance hotel, (Starter + Main course + Dessert, drinks not included)
- 9:30 pm, performance of the opera Mozart's Idomeneo in category 1, at the Theatre de l'Archeveche
Visit of Aix and opera evening with Monteverdi's Incoronazione di Poppea.
- In the morning, departure with your private guide for the discovery of Aix-en-Provence, on the theme of your choice.
- 9:30 pm, performance of Monteverdi's Incoronazione di Poppea in category 1 at the Théâtre du Jeu de Paume.
- Private transfer from your hotel to the TGV station according to the departure time
Grand Théâtre de Provence (Festival d'Aix)
Théâtre de l'Archevêché
Théâtre du Jeu de Paume
ConductorLeonardo García Alarcón
To make your stay as pleasant as possible, you will find below the proposed visits:
- The streets tell their own stories.
- Squares & Fountains
- The jewels of Aix
- Aix & Cézanne
The streets tell their story
- Are you curious? Well, the streets of Aix are told with Secrets d'ici! An original way to discover the city and its history! Departure from your hotel - Duration 2h00
Squares & Fountains
- Discover Places and Fountains of Aix-en-Provence! Like its big sister Fountains and Gardens, this is a refreshing visit. An essential visit to admire the most beautiful squares and fountains of the city of Aix-en-Provence. Departure from your hotel - Duration 2h00.
The jewels of Aix
- We'll share lots of secrets with you during this visit that will allow you to discover Aix-en-Provence and its underbelly! A classic revisited for a visit not to be missed! Aix-en-Provence will have no more secrets for you! Departure from your hotel - Duration 2h00 .
Hôtel Renaissance 5*
A 5-star hotel, 200 meters from the Grand Theater de Provence. Real art gallery, located in the heart of the city. The hotel offers 133 spacious rooms and suites. The decor is a contemporary reinterpretation of the symbols of Provence. The kitchen has been entrusted to Chef Guillaume Lemelle for a gastronomic rendezvous at Comptoir du Clos. It also has a lounge garden for a chic cocktail "Le Jardin Ephém'R", a lounge bar Avant-Scène, a spa Esthederm, a heated indoor pool.
Double Room (shared hotel room occupancy)€1,650 / pers.
Single room (single hotel room occupancy)€2,350 / pers.
Hotel aquabella 4*
Ideally located in the heart of Aix en Provence surrounded by a beautiful Mediterranean garden, Resort Aquabella Hotel & Spa **** with its 108 rooms, which combine modernity and comfort. You will find a Sensory Spa and a heated outdoor pool. Enjoy a relaxing moment with a drink at Lounge-Bar “L'Instant” and savor the specialties of” L'Orangerie restaurant” and” La Terrasse de La Tour”.
Double Room (shared hotel room occupancy)€1,500 / pers.
Single room (single hotel room occupancy)€2,200 / pers.
The Boutique Hôtel has been part of the city's history for 100 years. Ideally located at the foot of the ancient fortifications, on the remains of one of the first Roman cities of the Mediterranean basin and 5 minutes walk from the prestigious Cours Mirabeau. The hotel offers 55 modern, light-colored rooms as well as a restaurant with a garden and a bar.
The hotel is located in the heart of the Mediterranean basin.
Double Room (shared hotel room occupancy)€1,400 / pers.
Single room (single hotel room occupancy)€1,900 / pers.
The price includes
- Show seats
- Meals mentioned
- Entries in the sites
- Personal Travel Assistant
The price does not include
You wish to advance your stay in Lucerne, we suggest you optionally on August 20, 21 the Brandenburg Concertos of Bach by the Berliner Barock Solisten
In the event of confinement or deterioration of sanitary conditions, cancellation of the stay by Music & Opera before departure will result in a refund. see the Special Conditions of Sale
All our partners have implemented a strict, progressive and efficient sanitary protocol: Wearing a mask is compulsory when you travel. Hydro-alcoholic gel is made available to you. Respect for the one-metre distance. Regulatory distances between tables in all public areas. Installation of protective glass screens at the reception and counters. A thorough cleaning by disinfection is carried out regularly every day. QR code consultation of menus for all services
For each country, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/conseils-aux-voyageurs) publishes travel advice sheets on its website. You will find the latest recommendations on safety, formalities and health. We strongly recommend that you consult these sources of information regularly, right up until the day before your departure.