Three countries with an eventful history stretch along the Baltic Sea. Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania have a rather Nordic ancient culture that brings them closer to Scandinavia. The Russian Empire and closer to us, the Soviet Union marked by their domination but the big cities of Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius managed to keep their own culture, art and gastronomy ...
The Baltic States offer not only new destinations to travelers avid for culture but also to music lovers. Often served by troupes of perfect quality, the operas in Tallinn, Vilnius and Riga offer a repertoire as vast and demanding as the other major European houses. This stay is ideal for live performances of Giovanna d'Arco by Verdi at the Estonian National Opera, Carmen de Bizet at the Latvian National Opera and the ballet Giselle at the Lithuanian National Opera.
This trip is perfect for discovering the beauties that have been hidden for too long in these European capitals.
Sunday May 24th, 2020
Arrival in Tallinn & your evening "Giovanna d'Arco"
- On arrival, private transfer to the hotel
- Free day to stroll around Tallinn
- 5.00 p.m. performance of Giovanna d'Arcoen, Verdi's opera house, category 1 at the Estonian National Opera
Monday, May 25th, 2020
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Depart with your guide for a private tour of Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. Tallinn is a real museum city, listed since 1997 as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With its fortifications, its cobbled and sloping alleys, its numerous churches and its beautiful mansions, it is one of the most beautiful medieval cities in Europe. Visits to the upper town and then to the lower town will take you to discover Toompea Castle, the Alexander Nevsky Orthodox Cathedral or even the Town Hall and Saint Nicholas Church
- Lunch and afternoon free
Suggestion option: visit to the Estonian Art Museum "Kumu".
Tuesday, May 26th, 2020
Tallinn & Riga (approx. 380 km)
- Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Riga.
- Stop in the seaside town of Pärnu, free time
- Free lunch.
- Arrival in Riga.
Riga is not only the capital of Latvia but also the largest city in the Baltic States. One of the Hanseatic cities of northern Europe, it has many churches, magnificent houses and typical streets to explore.
Installation at the hotel
- Depart with your guide for a visit to the old town, the cathedral and its dome, St-Pierre church with its tower which rises to 120 m, and its pedestrian areas.
- Free evening
Wednesday May 27, 2020
Riga & your evening "Carmen"
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Depart for your private tour of the Latvian National Art Museum, one of the richest in the Baltic States. It occupies a large building erected in 1905 which benefited from a beautiful renovation in 2016. Next to the great Latvian masters, an interesting collection also presents Russian painters.
- Free lunch
Optional suggestion: Visit the modern districts of Riga with its Art Nouveau houses or the Art Nouveau museum which occupies the former apartment of the architect Konstantīns Pēkšēns, or a panoramic visit of Riga
- 4.00 p.m., departure of your bucolic cruise along the Daugava River and the Pilsetas Canal which crosses Riga
- 7.00 p.m. performance of Carmen, Bizet's opera in category 1 at the Latvijas Nacionālā opera
Thursday, May 28th, 2020
Riga-Vilnius (approx. 300 km) & your evening "Le ballet Giselle"
- Breakfast at the hotel and departure to Vilnius green.
- Along the way, stop at Rundale Palace for a guided tour. Manifesto of Latvian Baroque art, built in the 18th century by the Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli (to whom we owe the famous Winter Palace of Saint Petersburg), the superb building was the Duke's summer residence of Courland. It has splendid rooms decorated by the painters Francesco Martini and Carlo Zucchi.
- Free lunch at the castle or in the surroundings according to your desires
- Arrival in Vilnius.
- Installation at the hotel
- Departure with your guide for the visit of the old town with the Gate of Dawn, the Cathedral Square, the Sainte-Anne church that Napoleon wanted to dismantle and transport to Paris then visit the University of Vilnius, the most old from Eastern Europe and the Jewish quarter.
- 7.00 p.m., performance of the ballet Giselle, in category 1 at the Lithuanian National Opera and Ballet Theater
Friday May 29th, 2020
Vilnius - Trakai –Vilnius (approx. 70 km)
- Breakfast at the hotel and departure by train to Trakai.
- Guided tour of the city on the water, the ancient capital of Lithuania famous for its imposing Gothic castle which was the summer residence of the Grand Dukes and Grandes-Duchesses
- Free lunch
Suggestion: lunch in a traditional Karaite restaurant, the smallest ethnic group in Lithuania. Originating from a Jewish sect in Turkey, 400 families were brought back by Grand Duke Vytautas after his victory over the Black Sea. Their descendants have preserved their language, their place of worship, their customs and their homes.
- Return to Vilnius.
- Free afternoon
Suggestion free visit to the Amber Museum.
Saturday May 30th, 2020
Departure from Vilnius
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport according to departure time
Book your trip
Trip in 4* hotels
Nordic hotel Forum (Tallinn) : A modern hotel with a chic architectural style in the heart of Tallinn, in a prime location on the edge of the picturesque old town of Tallinn. The hotel offers 267 modern rooms, a restaurant and a wellness area with indoor pool.
Opera Hotel & Spa (Riga) : located in the heart of Riga, just a few minutes' walk from the Latvian National Opera and many other important sights in the city. The hotel offers 150 modern and elegant rooms, a restaurant, a bar and a wellness area with indoor pool.
Congress Avenue (Vilnius) : located in the old town of Vilnius, close to the opera - ballet theater.The hotel offers 50 rooms specially designed to reflect elegance, style and comfort and a restaurant.
Trips in 5* hotels
Telegraaf hotel (Tallinn) : Housed in a classic building from 1878, this upscale city center hotel is a 2-minute walk from the medieval Old Town. 83 The elegant and refined rooms have Art Deco decor.The hotel has a restaurant, a bar, an outdoor courtyard terrace and an indoor swimming pool and a spa with jacuzzi, sauna and hammam.
Grand Poet by Semarah (Riga) : A design hotel located in the heart of the historic city of Riga, a short walk from the Latvian National Opera.The hotel with its 168 elegant superior rooms and ultra-luxurious suites. The hotel offers fine cuisine, a spacious wellness center with indoor pool and a fitness center.
Pacai hotel (Vilnius) : Housed in a baroque palace from the 17th century, you will find a warm and contemporary atmosphere. Located in the heart of the old city of Vilnius. 104 rooms are uniquely decorated, highlighting the historic interior of the establishment. The hotel offers a restaurant, a brasserie, a bar and a wellness area
You are interested by this journey but you have a personal preference?
Please do not hesitate to contact us to adapt this stay or for a tailor-made trip.
We can offer :
- To shorten or extend your stay,
- To change hotels,
- Other performances,
- Private visits
- Tickets for museums and exhibitions,
- To book restaurants,
- Transport is not included in the price, but we can book your flight or rent a car for you.
PLEASE CONTACT - us- to make your request
The price of the stay includes:
Accommodation including breakfast
Very good show seats
Private excursions with a local guide
Entries in the sites
The entries in the sites on the program of the visit
The price does not include:
Tips & Personal expenses
Insurance assistance, repatriation, cancellation and interruption of stay