In the heart of the Baltic countries, Riga is the new European destination that classical music lovers must discover. A living capital with an unexpected cultural richness, the city is an open-air history book with a medieval heart, its Art Nouveau center classified by UNESCO or the new part. The Riga Opera House was inaugurated just 100 years ago with Wagner's Die fliegende Höllander.
The lyric program of this stay, on the occasion of the Riga Opera Festival, is ideal for discovering the beautiful youth of this centenary house with Don Giovanni by Mozart and The Queen of Spades by Tchaikovsky and a gala concert as part of the famous Riga Opera Festival.
The stay is also embellished with beautiful visits which will be the occasion for two excursions on the theme of Art Nouveau in Riga and leave a little further to go to the “Palace of Rundales”.
Friday June 5th, 2020
Arrival in Riga & your evening, "Don Giovanni"
- On arrival, private transfer to the hotel
- Free day to stroll around Riga
- 7.00 pm, performance of Don Giovanni by Mozart, tickets in category 1, at the Riga National Opera
Saturday June 6th, 2020
Private Art Nouveau visit & your evening, "The Queen of Spades"
- In the morning, departure with your private guide for your Art Nouveau visit to Riga
- 4.00 pm, departure of your bucolic cruise along the Daugava River and the Pilsetas Canal which crosses Riga
- 7.00 pm, your opera evening: "The Queen of Spades" by Tchaikovsky, tickets in category 1 at the Riga National Opera
Sunday June 7, 2020
Discovery of the Palais Rundales & Gala concert
- In the morning, departure for a private discovery day at the Rundales Palace, built in the 18th century by the Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelli (the architect of the Winter Palace in Saint Petersburg) for the Duke of Courland who made it his residence summer. Manifesto of Latvian Baroque art, it offers rooms splendidly decorated by the painters Francesco Martini and Carlo Zucchi.
- 7.00 pm, Gala concert of the Riga Opera Festival in category 1 at the Riga National Opera (The concert will allow you to find great artists who will perform famous arias)
Monday June 8th, 2020
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport according to departure time
Book your trip
Grand Poet by Semarah 5*
A design hotel located in the heart of the historic city of Riga, a short walk from the Latvian National Opera.
The hotel with its 168 elegant superior rooms and ultra-luxurious suites, with rooms offering a view of Riga. The hotel offers fine cuisine for a delicious buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner, a spacious wellness center with indoor pool and a fitness center.
Opera Hotel & Spa 4*
The Opera Hotel & Spa is ideally located in the heart of Riga, just a few minutes' walk from the Latvian National Opera and many other important sights in the city. The hotel overlooks the Opera Park. Housed in a historic building, long regarded as an example of eclectic architecture and dating from 1886.
The hotel offers 150 modern and elegant rooms, a restaurant, a bar and a wellness area with indoor pool.
You are interested by this journey but you have a personal preference?
Please do not hesitate to contact us to adapt this stay or for a tailor-made trip.
We can offer :
- To shorten or extend your stay,
- To change hotels,
- Other performances,
- Private visits
- Tickets for museums and exhibitions,
- To book restaurants,
- Transport is not included in the price, but we can book your flight or rent a car for you.
PLEASE CONTACT - us- to make your request
The price of the stay includes:
Accommodation including breakfast
Very good show seats
Private excursions with a local guide
Entries in the sites
The entries in the sites on the program of the visit
The price does not include:
Tips & Personal expenses
Insurance assistance, repatriation, cancellation and interruption of stay