Aix-en-Provence rightly claims to be the capital of Provence. The superb city which has a unique architectural and historical heritage is world famous thanks also to its abundant cultural life. A veritable open-air festival, the Festival International d'Art Lyrique d'Aix-en-Provence is one of the major events of the international season.
With this stay, M&O offers you the opportunity to experience the Festival intensely with the premieres of the most anticipated shows this season.
Revealed here, Jakub Józef Orliński creates the first event of the stay with his recital. It only took one video for the young and talented member of the Aix Academy to become the new world star of countertenors. Faithful to the great tradition, a masterpiece by Mozart opens the lyrical part with wonderful artists and a very daring director. On the bill for one of the most anticipated shows, soprano star Sabine Devieilhe tackles the Russian repertoire in the wonderful Rimsky-Korsakov Coq d'Or staged by the brilliant Barrie Kosky. Finally, with Monteverdi’s Incoronazione di Poppea, the Baroque opera occupies a special place at the Festival d'Aix, especially directed by Leonardo García Alarcón, simply the best conductor of his generation.
Another highlight is a private guide who takes you on a discovery of the magnificent Aix with a visit of your choice from among the many following themes: “The streets are told”, “Places & Fountains”, “The jewels of Aix”, ”Aix -in-Resistance ”,” Aix-en-Archeology ”or even“ Aix & Cézanne ”.
This stay is an event with the promise of exceptional moments in a radiant city.
Performances included in your Travel
Purcell / Händel / Szymanowski / Baird / Lukaszewski
Auditorium du Conservatoire Darius Milhaud
tuesday 30 June 2020
Jakub Józef Orlinski
Così fan tutte Mozart
Théâtre de l'Archevêché
wednesday 01 July 2020
Director Dmitri Tcherniakov
Performers Véronique Gens
Choeurs Choeur de l'Opéra de Lyon
The Golden Cockerel Rimsky-Korsakov
Théâtre de l'Archevêché
thursday 02 July 2020
Director Barrie Kosky
Performers Dimitry Ulyanov
Huw Montague Rendall
Choeurs Orchestre & Choeur de l'Opéra de Lyon
Tuesday June 30th, 2020
Arrival in Aix-en-Provence & Recital by Jakub Józef Orliński
- On arrival, private transfer from the TGV station to your hotel
- 7.00 pm, Recital by Jakub Józef Orliński in category 1, at the Auditorium of the Darius Milhaud Conservatory
Wednesday July 1st, 2020
Visit of Aix-en-Provence & Così fan tutte
- In the morning, departure with your private guide to discover Aix-en-Provence, on the theme of your choice: “The streets are told”, “Places & Fountains”, “The jewels of Aix”, ”Aix- en-Résistance ”,” Aix-en-Archéologie ”or even“ Aix & Cézanne ”
- 9.30 p.m., performance of the Opera Così fan tutte by Mozart in category 1, at the Théâtre de l'Archevêché
Thursday July 2nd, 2020
Le Coq d'Or
- 10.00 p.m., performance of the opera Le Coq d'Or by Rimsky-Korsakov in category 1, at the Archevêché Theater
Friday July 3rd, 2020
- Private transfer from your hotel to the TGV station according to the departure time
Book your trip
Hôtel Renaissance 5*
A 5-star hotel, 200 meters from the Grand Theater de Provence. Real art gallery, located in the heart of the city. The hotel offers 133 spacious rooms and suites. The decor is a contemporary reinterpretation of the symbols of Provence. The kitchen has been entrusted to Chef Guillaume Lemelle for a gastronomic rendezvous at Comptoir du Clos. It also has a lounge garden for a chic cocktail "Le Jardin Ephém'R", a lounge bar Avant-Scène, a spa Esthederm, a heated indoor pool.
You are interested by this journey but you have a personal preference?
Please do not hesitate to contact us to adapt this stay or for a tailor-made trip.
We can offer :
- To shorten or extend your stay,
- To change hotels,
- Other performances,
- Private visits
- Tickets for museums and exhibitions,
- To book restaurants,
- Transport is not included in the price, but we can book your flight or rent a car for you.
PLEASE CONTACT - us- to make your request
The price of the stay includes:
Accommodation including breakfast
Very good show seats
Private excursions with a local guide
Entries in the sites
The entries in the sites on the program of the visit
The price does not include:
Insurance assistance, repatriation, cancellation and interruption of stay