Liège makes the taste buds salivate with its famous waffles and coffees, but the city also thrills art lovers with its cultural richness to be enjoyed on a weekend. La Cité ardente offers a great eclecticism between its historic squares, its museums and the modernity of its new buildings such as the Guillemins station. For music lovers, the former capital of Wallonia is a must, with the Orchester Philharmonique Royal de Liège and the Opéra Royal de Wallonie which is celebrating its 200th anniversary this season.
Two exceptional great voices feature in Donizetti's exquisite Daughter of the Regiment. The bubbly Jodie Devos and the seductive Lawrence Brownlee will be the fireworks in the production signed by the merry sidekicks, Corinne and Gilles Benizio. Joy and vocal wonder are on the program!
Another pleasure of the stay, a private guide takes you to discover the historic heart of Liège. Several itineraries will be suggested to you, such as a visit to a museum combined with the discovery of part of the City and, above all, the possibility of visiting the Royal Opera of Wallonia without forgetting a tempting gastronomic visit!
Performances included in your Travel
La Fille du Régiment Donizetti
friday 18 June 2021
Director Corinne & Gilles Benizio
Performers Jodie Devos
Friday 18th June, 2021
Arrival in Liège & your evening “La fille du Régiment”
- Free time to explore Liège
- Night in the hotel of your choice
- 8:00 p.m., performance of the opera La fille du Régiment in category 1 at the Opéra Royal de Wallonie
Saturday 19th June, 2021
- In the morning, your guide will offer you a tour on one of the themes of your choice *
Sunday 20th June, 2021
M&O advantage: During your stay, a Music & Opera personal assistant is at your disposal 24 hours a day, to manage logistical contingencies, requests for suggestions for leisure or activities on site, additional reservations ...
* You choose the theme of your visit
1. Visit to the Historical Heart:
- Depart from Place Saint-Lambert, courtyard of the Palace of the Princes Bishops, Place du Marché, Hors-Château and the cul-de-sac to Place Saint-Barthélemy (Variant, combining with the Coteaux)
- Depart from Place Saint-Barthélemy to Place Saint-Lambert and Place Cathédrale, the beating heart of Liège
- The Place Saint-Lambert district and the cathedral district with a chocolate tasting (Benoît Nihant or Carré Noir), Liège waffle, Liège sausage
2. Visit of a museum combined with the discovery of a part of the City
- Visit the collegiate church of Saint-Barthélemy with the baptismal font from the 12th century
- Visit of the Grand Curtius: the Glass Museum or the masterpieces of the Museum, then walk to the center by Hors-Château and the dead ends, Place du Marché, arrival Place Saint-Lambert and the courtyard of the Palace
- Visit the cathedral and its neighborhood without forgetting the Treasury located in the cloister and
- Visit the Royal Opera of Wallonia then discover the Cathedral district
Book your trip
Hôtel Neuvice – 3*
In the historic heart of Liège, the Neuvice Hotel combines tradition, modernity and comfort, composed of three 18th century buildings articulated around an interior courtyard, formerly housed the residence and workshop of the Librarian-Printer Jean-François Bassompierre, well known by Voltaire, Diderot and Marmontel for its production of counterfeits.The hotel has 17 elegant rooms.
A charming stopover to experience Liège and explore it !
Van der Valk Hotel Sélys -5*
The Van der Valk Hotel Sélys, housed in an imposing medieval castle, is located in the historic, cultural and commercial heart of the Burning City, offering all the comfort you could dream of.
The hotel has a total of 125 rooms, including eight suites. They all offer high quality and are tastefully decorated and fully equipped.
The hotel offers a restaurant with a terrace and city views, a bar, a spa, an indoor pool and a gym, as well as a garden.
M&O tailor-made stay
You can choose other show dates, we adapt the stay to your wishes ...
We can offer :
- To shorten or extend your stay,
- To change hotels,
- Other performances,
- Private visits
- Tickets for museums and exhibitions,
- To book restaurants,
- Transport is not included in the price, but we can book your flight or rent a car for you.
PLEASE CONTACT - us- to make your request
The price of the stay includes:
Accommodation including breakfast
Very good show seats
Private excursions with a local guide
Entries in the sites
The entries in the sites on the program of the visit
Personal Travel Assistant
24h/24h during your travel
The price does not include: