Proud of its historical past and its ancient Christian culture, Georgia is one of the oldest countries in the world, famous for its viticulture. It is also a land of myths and legends where music-loving travelers flock to attend the all-new grandiose classical music festival.
The Tsinandali festival, a new bet for Martin Engstroem (the famous founder of the Verbier festival), has the same assets as its Swiss counterpart, a formidable gallery of great artists who come together for the love of music in a charming village.
Four exceptional concerts are on the program for this stay. Barbara Frittoli, Joshua Bell, Alexander Toradze and Gianandrea Noseda are brought together in a symphonic program. Thomas Quasthoff, the famous German baritone now a great specialist, offers a charming jazz evening. The fascinating pianist Víkingur Ólafsson has a sensational Debussy / Rameau / Moussorgski recital in store for us. And finally, the incredible young virtuoso Daniel Lozakovich is accompanied by seasoned pianist Sergei Babayan.
With many tours on the program, Georgia is waiting for you!
Programme of your travel
Thursday September 10th, 2020 - Arrival in Tbilisi
- On arrival, transfer to the hotel with private driver
- Overnight in Tbilisi at the Radisson Blu Iveria Hotel
Friday September 11, 2020 - Tbilisi / Tsinandali & Concert
- After breakfast, departure with your private guide for a walking tour of the Georgian capital. Located on the banks of the Koura River. You will discover the old town crowned by the ruins of the Narikala fortress, with its maze of cobbled streets, lined with houses with wooden balconies, its churches ... Visit the Metekhi church (V-XIII century).
- Free lunch in Tbilisi
- Departure for Kakheti, region in the east of the country known for its wine growing and its abundance of historical monuments.
- Arrival in Tsinandali, installation
- 6.30 p.m., Exceptional symphonic concert with Barbara Frittoli, Joshua Bell, Alexander Toradze and Gianandrea Noseda
- Buffet dinner
- Overnight in Tsinandali at the Radisson Collection Hotel
Saturday September 12th, 2020 - Discovery of the region and the village of Signagui & Concert
- After breakfast, departure for the walled city of Signagui, perched in the heart of Kakheti. Signagui is one of the oldest cities in Georgia. Learn about its history with a stroll through the cobblestone streets and admire its panoramic views of the Alazani Valley and the Caucasus Mountains.
- Meet a Georgian family, for a discovery of their cellar.
- Culinary master class "Churchkhela". This is a traditional Georgian sweet dish that is an integral part of the country's cuisine. New Years celebrations are unimaginable in Georgia without Churchkhela.
- Free lunch in Signagui
- Visit the Bodbe monastery, the monastery of St. Nino in Bodbe is a Georgian Orthodox monastic complex and the seat of the bishops of Bodbe located 2 km from the town of Sighnaghi. Originally built in the 9th century.
- 6.30 p.m. Jazz concert with Thomas Quasthoff
- Buffet dinner
- Overnight in Tsinandali.
Sunday September 13th, 2020 - Ikalto Academy and Alverdi Cathedral & Concert
- After breakfast, departure for the Ikalto Academy, where the poet Chota Roustaveli studied in the 12th century. It was one of the most important cultural and educational centers in Georgia. Students took courses in religion, rhetoric, astronomy, philosophy and geometry as well as ceramics, viticulture and winemaking.
- Continue with a visit to the cathedral of Alaverdi (11th century). Unquestionably, the major monument of Kakheti. Saint George of Alaverdi is one of the three great 11th century Georgian cathedrals,
- Meet a touch family to discover how traditional carpets are made. The Touch ethnic group is of Georgian origin and lived in the mountainous region of eastern Georgia in Touchetia.
- Free lunch in Gremi
- Continue to visit the church of Gremi and the city of Telavi. Gremi is a citadel listed as World Heritage by UNESCO, located at the foot of the Dagestan mountains.
- 6.30 p.m., Víkingur Ólafsson Recital
- Buffet dinner
- Overnight in Tsinandali.
Monday September 14th, 2020 - Concert & return to Tbilisi
- 11:30 am, Daniel Lozakovich & Sergei Babayan Recital
- Buffet lunch
- Departure for the visit of the princely property of Tsinandali which belongs to the Tchavtchavadzé princes. The estate covers around 18 hectares. The princely family famous for promoting European culture was the first to produce a European style wine and to encourage European classical music. The very first grand piano in Georgia is still on display in Tsinandali.
- After your visit departure for the capital Tbilisi.
- Installation at the Radisson blu Iveria hotel
- Free dinner
Tuesday September 15th, 2020 - Departure
- Private transfer from your hotel to the airport according to flight time
Book your trip
Hôtels Radisson 5*
Radisson blu Iveria hotel in Tbilisi (2 nights)
Located in the heart of the capital of Georgia, this amazing glass-fronted hotel is nestled between the beautiful Mtkvari River and the mountain ranges
The hotel offers 249 elegant rooms, modern bars and restaurants serving Asian or Italian specialties, indoor / outdoor pools, spa, fitness area.
Tsinandali at the Radisson Collection Hotel (3 nights)
Located in the heart of the famous wine country of Georgia in Tsinandali, an oasis at the foot of the Caucasus Mountains.
The hotel offers 141 elegant rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, bars, an outdoor swimming pool and a wellness area.
You are interested by this journey but you have a personal preference?
Please do not hesitate to contact us to adapt this stay or for a tailor-made trip.
We can offer :
- To shorten or extend your stay,
- To change hotels,
- Other performances,
- Private visits
- Tickets for museums and exhibitions,
- To book restaurants,
- Transport is not included in the price, but we can book your flight or rent a car for you.
PLEASE CONTACT - us- to make your request
The price of the stay includes:
Accommodation including breakfast
Very good show seats
Private excursions with a local guide
The meals mentioned
Entries in the sites
The entries in the sites on the program of the visit
The price does not include:
Tips & Personal expenses